Friday, September 2, 2011

Christmas 2009

Christmas was bitter sweet for us.  From our date on Thanksgiving to Christmas break we spent nearly every minute we could together.  We knew by the time we split ways to spend Christmas with our families that we had something special between us.  I flew home to Utah and froze in the snow.  Daniel took off to California to see his brother Lawrence marry his beautiful wife Jen, and then returned home to Georgia.
I wasn't sure what to do for Daniel for Christmas, so I resorted to the one thing I know I'm good at.  Baking.  I enlisted the help of my three brothers and we baked up a batch of all the best cookies.


I bought the biggest tin I could find and stuffed it full of samples from every batch.  We had sugar cookies, cowboy cookies, chocolate waffle cookies, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, chocolate pepermint crackle cookies and cookies with cherries in the middle.  Once it was all packed I shipped it off to Georgia hoping this boy of my dreams would enjoy them and share them with his family.  One night when Daniel called I heard his mom say, "If she sends us cookies you can keep her!" I guess she really  just said, "She's a keeper!" but when I heard that I thought I had better keep sending cookies so he would keep me!

This was my street in December.  Daniel was so jealous that he couldn't be in Utah with the snow that he made a secret deal with my brother Andrew.  I was on the the phone with Daniel, again, when he asked to talk to Andrew.  After Andrew hands me back the phone I hear him asking my mom if he could go outside.  Next thing I know he opens my door and pegs me with a snowball!  Daniel starts laughing, "I told him to do that!" Well, at least he made sure Andrew asked my mom's permission to go outside.  Silly boy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment