Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Being Pregnant is Driving Me Bananas!

It's not everything about being pregnant, just a few little things that drive me crazy.  So far I have been very blessed and had a fairly easy pregnancy.  I only had minor nausea and some heartburn in the beginning.  I did puke a few times, but mostly just when I ate eggs, which I now avoid like a plague.  Here are the four things that are driving me BANANAs!

1-) DRY SKIN! I know it's winter, but seriously! I can lotion up my hands 5 times a day and they are still dry and cracked! The skin on my belly is almost worse. I lift up my shirt and dry little skin snowflakes go flying everywhere. I have high hopes that this condition will improve when the weather warms up!

2-) Stairs. I climb up one flight and I'm breathing so hard you would think I just ran 3 miles!  The SUU campus has so many stairs it isn't funny.  We park on the lower end of campus and to get to my math class I have to walk up 2 flights of outside stairs and another 2 flights once I reach the building. Then my English class is on the top floor of a 3 story building.  Since it takes me about 10 minutes to get to each class and I'm breathing hard and have a racing heart when I get to class, I consider this my workout on most days. 

3-) The fact that I should be putting on weight.  At first I was thrilled that I would be gaining weight instead of trying to lose or maintain weight.  Then after I found out I was pregnant I started loosing weight. At my 15 week appointment the doctor wasn't very happy that I had lost weight, a total of 10 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.  She told me to eat more, which I found difficult due to my lack of appetite, but I had been eating! Most of the time I ate just because I knew I should and felt like an overfilled beach ball after dinner.  Finally at my 19 week appointment I had gained 3 pounds back. With a net loss of 7 pounds to date, it really makes me wonder how my stomach has gotten so big....


4-) And speaking of that stomach... Do you know what is inside?  Baby Center compared the size of my baby to a large banana weighing about a pound. A BANANA? So, your telling me that this huge belly of mine only has something the size of a banana in it?  I know, I know, my uterus has to grow and my baby has to be surrounded by amniotic fluid etc. But still, are you starting so see why I'm going a little bananas? A belly that size and my baby is only a one pound banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment