Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Adding Variety to Breakfast!

Do you ever get bored with breakfast? I mean how many times a week can you have waffles or pancakes (which are pretty much the same thing!)?  I was tired of having the same things... waffles, eggs, pancakes, cereal, oatmeal... so I decided to try something new, and this is what I came up with.

Stuffed Biscuits!
 
 Just in case you, too, were bored with breakfast I decided to blog about how to make them. There are probably a million ways you could do these... okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but there are several ways you could change up this recipe to meet the needs of your family, or use left overs...
 
 
You need:
 
Biscuit dough (I used homemade wheat biscuit dough, but refrigerated would work perfect, get the big ones!)
eggs ( I used 3 and made 4 biscuits, adjust for the number you are making)
a little milk
a little pancake mix
breakfast meat (I used sausage left over from our homemade pizza! bacon would be yummy too!)
CHEESE!
Hash browns might also b good in this, I just used scrambled eggs though...
 
First get out your biscuits and spread them thin...
Then make your scrambled eggs.  I used three eggs, added a dash of milk and about 3 tablespoons of pancake mix to make yummy, fluff eggs. Scramble over medium high and add your meat, and some grated cheese. Stir, and add more cheese!  Yum!
Divide your egg mixture for the number of biscuits you are making spoon it on top of your biscuits.
Stretch the biscuit over the egg mixture and pinch together.
Flip your stuffed biscuit over so the pinched together sides are facing your baking sheet.
Pop in the oven at 450 for about 12 minutes.
Top with  more grated cheese and enjoy!
I think this would also be tasty with some sausage gravy on top.  You could also make a bunch of these and freeze them to zap in the microwave when you a quick yummy breakfast! Enjoy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment