Sunday, August 28, 2011

Our First Date

We kept our date for Saturday, but didn't follow through with the movie.  I had volunteered to make some apple pies for our branch Thanksgiving dinner that was going to be held Sunday.  To my surprise Daniel wanted to help me make the pies and then go on our date!  I picked him up in my van (he was in training and didn't have a car, so I didn't hold it against him) and our first stop was Walmart to pick up 4 different kinds of apples for the pies.  Our next stop was Pam Mungle's house, since I lived in the barracks I needed to borrow her kitchen.  Daniel peeled the apples and I sliced them and added to spices.  I rolled out the crust for one pie, got it all ready and stuck it in the oven.  I was pretty impressed when I turned around and found Daniel rolling out the crust for the next pie.  I'm glad he was busy so I had time to wipe the goofy grin off my face.  It was then I knew he was a keeper!
We then spent the evening at Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum.  It was a great place to go for a first date!  There were so many interesting things that we always had something to talk about. The museum fun and all, but the best part of our first date was spending time in the kitchen working together and making yummy pies!

No comments:

Post a Comment